Monday, July 26, 2010

Apartment hunting!

SUCKZZZZZZ!! I believe I have found at least 2 different places that might accept Trevor and I.

One of the places I went to look at today was incredibly creepy. Old run down buildings, centered around dilapidated looking pool. Some creepy men were lurking in the parking lot. I saw the office sign, so I started walking to where it was pointing. I must have looked confused because a small, possibly Hispanic older man, deeply tanned with weathered looking skin in large eye glasses, shoulder length wavy pepper and salt hair with a baseball cap on asked me if I was looking for something. I also want to mention his slightly bulbous nose and goofy grin, kinda reminds me of Elmer Fudd now that I think bout it.

Anyways, I told him I was looking for the office but he said that there wasn't an office on site. The sign LIED! He said he could give me the number of someone to call, so I could check out an apartment. I followed to his car so he could rummage around for a pen to write with on his little orange notepad. He writes one number down but then decides he should include a second in case I couldn't reach anyone on the first number. I looked at the paper and his lowercase B looked like an uppercase D. So I pronounced the first name wrong. Not a problem. The second name was spelled equally awkwardly! I also had to have him pronounce it to me twice just to make sure I wouldn't mess it up, in case I actually called.

I took the scrap of paper and walked over to my car. Just as I was about to start it I see the older man walking over to my car. So I open the door. He proceeds to tell me his name and to tell the ladies I will probably (not) call, that he referred me so he could get $200 off his rent. I'm definitely (not) going to call.

No comments:

Post a Comment