Friday, July 16, 2010

Last Sunday

Okay I wish to write bout what happened last Sunday because it has now taken a humorous turn. I also don't want to jinx myself but I feel I must share this story.

Last Sunday I was driving to my brother's house in BFE(Queen Creek, almost Coolidge). I noticed a Sheriff's Deputy behind me and immediately placed my hands on 10 and 2 and made sure I was going the speed limit. I also realized that I could get pulled over because my plates are expired but I bought a 30 day permit. I just wasn't sure where to display it on my car, so I kept it with me in the cab. Well of course I got pulled over. I already knew why and figured the matter would be cleared up as soon as the officer saw my 30 day permit.

He walked up to my car and I gave him my info and my permit. He chastised me for not having it displayed but gave me instructions on where to put it on my car. I figured that would be that but then realized I didn't have my current insurance card in the little pocket. So he wrote me a citation for no proof of insurance. I've actually been through this before because I'm a doofus and forget to put my current insurance card in my car. No big deal I was thinking, I'll go home, find my card and take it to the court. Whatever, it's a done deal. But no, the dude (with his icky meth teeth) stands there and lectures me about not having my current card. He's just protecting the other drivers. Get off your high horse, man.

Yet as I was driving away, I thought I might have put my current card in my purse, to later put in my car the next time I was going to drive. So I check my purse and guess what...stupid card is there. Fuuuuuucccckkkk!!!! But really not a big deal. I'll just take care of the stupid mistake and it really doesn't matter in the long run.

Well this morning I get a call from that same officer. He forgot to give me my copy of the citation and wants me to meet him somewhere so he can give it to me. Seriously dude! I don't want to drive back out to Queen Creek unless I'm going to visit my brother's family. Yeah, I'm gonna drop everything to go get served. Thanks man but no. So Trevor advises me to call the court and see what the legality of the situation is. Basically the lady I talked to giggled and said I got lucky. The cop HAS to serve me. I don't have any legal responsibility to meet him anywhere. So the next time he calls, I'm getting his number and calling the sheriff's department and reporting what happened.

I personally am protecting myself. Dude made a mistake. Hopefully karma keeps working for me. Love ya cop!

No comments:

Post a Comment