Friday, June 12, 2009

so I'm trying

to figure out where I want my writing to go. Of course I titled this blog life is love and that definitely has a direct connection to what I want to write about. I'm personally conflicted on how much personal information I should share. I guess it doesn't really matter as long as I keep things generic.
I recently got a new tattoo. I'm a firm believer in pieces that have significance to a person. My roomie is leaving for two years to join the Peace Corps. I'm so proud of her choice yet ridiculously sad that she will not be my roommate anymore. She is a beautiful person/soul. I don't believe I can replace her with anyone else. I'd be disappointed by any other person. She puts up with my mess and gives great advice. We philosophize together.
One of the reason's we chose to get the word "Love" tattooed on our bodies is based on the teachings of yoga. Giving love without expecting anything in return or loving someone for exactly who they are and not wanting to change them is a beautiful yogic belief. Plus once you can love yourself for who you are, it is easier to share that love with others. Something that seems like an inherent need in any human.
My roommate taught me so much about love this year. She never complained about my messy habits. She listened to me when I would bitch about the guys I dated. She shares my love for eastern philosophy and yoga in particular. We laugh like crazy people when we're together. I cannot believe I've known her off and on for 21 years. I feel like she's my sister.
I will feel sad when she leaves but something we learned through yoga will soothe me. Everything has a beginning and an ending. Obviously this is not a new thought. But relating it to yoga helps me understand that endings don't have to be "bad." They just bring something new and exciting to the next part of your life.
be love

No comments:

Post a Comment