Monday, June 15, 2009

waiting

I am a math nerd. A friend of mine is taking an online college math class to fullfill a requirement for her degree. She asked me to help her out. Who knew helping out meant completing the assignments for her? I'm not all that perturbed by doing this. I enjoy math. There is something so logical about it. The answer is always the same. You complete a formula to get an answer. Nobody is watching you solve the problem and judging you.
There is one thing that bothers me. She is one of those people who runs on their own time. You tell her to be ready in an hour, she won't be ready for two. She says she'll pick you up at 10:30ish, this actually means 11 to 11:15. She'll be over in half an hour to start work. An hour and a half later, she shows up.
I've known multiple people like this. The only thing they are saying by their actions is that their time is more important than yours. A disrespectful act if there ever was one. I could keep bitching and not saying anything to her but that's not going to solve anything. I'm going to have to lay it out for her today when she comes by. We planned on noon, leaving it a little loose. But she texted me this morning and said she wouldn't be back in town till 1:30. Holy crap.
I still love her but there are some things one should not accept when loving others. I don't want to get treated disrespectfully in any relationship. Maybe next time I'll write about loving someone from afar.
I'm still love and so are you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment