Thursday, September 17, 2009

I went to the override meeting at my school tonight and heard some of the dumbest stuff. I'm not usually one to criticize. I love to preach love but when a parent says, "Can the school district wean itself off the 35 million dollars provided by the override?"...I'm shocked. Really?? Yeah, lets cut teacher's jobs, school supplies, and close schools because we don't have the staff to run them. That seems logical! Arizona is ranked as the 50th state in spending per student. That's as low as we can go. So yeah lets cut more money from the budget and provide our students with a quality education. Sounds awesome.

Honestly I hope this person is at least a little more knowledgable bout how an override works after tonight and does not make that suggestion again. This is why we need to educate people.

No comments:

Post a Comment