Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Where do you want to be in ten years?

My dad presented me with this question tonight. Like if I don't know where I want to be when I'm 38, I'm a failure. That's how it felt. I only know I'd like to move out of Arizona. I want to pursue a different career. I love teaching but I want to try something else. I've made some serious mistakes with my home in the last 3 months and now I'm dealing with the pressure. It's shitty. I'm happy to have my friends and boyfriend around to support me. My dad doesn't like my boyfriend. Actually my dad believes I could do better. What would be better? If I'm happy now with my boyfriend, why would I break up with him to see if the grass is greener? I don't want to break up with him. I hate that my dad brought this up. I think it makes me angry or hurts my soul because I feel like I've made a good choice in a boyfriend. I feel like I've finally got it right and now my dad is telling me I haven't. I love that my boyfriend doesn't know exactly what he wants to do because neither do I. I feel like we'll find that out together. Is that me being seriously naive? I don't know. I'm living this life. I'm learning. I'm believing in love. I know love does not conquer all but it does help you move forward. I'm never going to make my parents one hundred percent proud of me. They will probably disagree with some of my decisions. That's inevitable. I need to accept this. I wish Jess was here. She is my soundboard for things like this. Misty helps. She is busy tonight. So blog I have you. I love me. I make decisions for me. I am proud of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment