Friday, July 3, 2009

expectations

oh this world and it's silly expectations. I made a teasing comment about responsibility the other night while in the company of my boyfriend and two of his roommates. The roommates both have 9-5 jobs and are fullfilling their spot in society. My boyfriend also has a job but some might judge and say it is not a worthy job. He's told old to have the kind of job he does but who cares. He's taking care of his bills and making money to have fun as well. My comment, now that I reflect on it, was insensitive to this. I rant about how society's expectations are stupid. We are suppose to graduate college, fall in love, get married, and have children. And only then have we fullfilled our place in this world. But why does that make you a successful person? I believe that a successful person is making themselves happy and giving love to everyone. For one we are all love and we are here in this world to be happy. Selfishly happy first because if we want to love others, we have to be able to love ourselves first. A car, a job, a home does not define who we are. We define ourselves by our attitudes and how we choose to love!

No comments:

Post a Comment