Wednesday, July 1, 2009

new month

This morning I woke up reflecting on how delightful it is to sleep till 10 and have a couple cups of coffee before my day starts. I've been teaching for 5 and a 1/2 years. For the most part I've absolutely loved it. I love working with children and every day is different. Unfortunately I am not a morning person and this job can be so emotionally exhausting. Last year was rough. Within the first three months I cried at least once or twice a week. It just reaffirmed my desire to find a different job after this school year. Yet what are my possibilities? I'm use to living a certain way. I'd have to get rid of my condo which I can barely afford right now. I want to get rid of it this second but I'm not in a situation where this is realistic. I'm hoping to put it up for sale in November. Then we shall see.
People ask me what I'm going to do after teaching. Where am I going to go? Honestly I have no idea. I'd like to write for a newspaper, magazine, myself. I'd like to go back to school. I had aspirations of being a fashion designer in high school but what I'd really love to do is work for a designer. Or work in marketing for a company I respected.
My boyfriend and I discussed moving in together after this school year, which is a pretty big deal to me. We even discussed moving to another state. Yet who knows what will happen in the next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment