Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas miracles

Where to begin...this year has been amazing, fantastic, incredible, and sometimes sad. But I kept my head up and kept moving forward. There is an offer on my home. I feel optimistic that it will go through. My lovely boyfriend's cat was found 35 miles away from home. I've made friends who have become family. I'm smiling so big because I know that it is in my power to make myself happy. It's all in the choices we make. I could have run away from love a year ago because I was afraid of the consequences. Instead I faced those fears straight on and now I have a fantastic relationship with a person who supports and accepts me for who I am. I have found the love in my parents that I didn't always realize was there. I've loved when I felt like I should walk away. I've accepted my friends' happiness because that's what a good friend does. I think I felt like a person was being taken from me but now I believe in what she wants. I am happy for her. I will always be there for my friends. People surprise you.
I feel like I'm bursting with happiness right now and I want to share it with everyone. I expected nothing out of today and was given another reason to believe. This is honestly the first holiday season since I've been divorced that I have been truly happy to celebrate all the beauty of the relationships that I've developed since then. When I look back at that sad person 3 years ago, I congratulate her on getting through some very tough times. I held my head up and didn't make excuses for who I was, am. I have lived my life the way I want it to be and I will keep doing just that. This may seem vague to some just cause I'm not all that comfortable giving away all the details. :) But wow...I've made so many great choices and learned so many awesome lessons. I am seriously thankful for all the wonderful people who've supported me in the last 3 and a half years. I've been allowed to be me.
We should all be ourselves and that is ultimately love. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment